Tammy studied at Coventry University where she obtained her Masters Degree in Mindfulness and Compassion.
Using her interests in neuroscience, psychological wellbeing
and the philosophy of the present moment, her embodied experience is integrated through a range of personal and professional contexts where she supports others to grow and lead
healthier lifestyles and more satisfying relationships.
Evidence based research and practice has shown that positive emotions, such as equanimity and loving-kindness, can be
strengthened to improve an individual's physical and emotional wellbeing, reducing anxiety, depression or stress by practising mindfulness and compassion.
Tammy has been working within a psychotherapeutic and coaching framework for twenty-one years within a variety of settings including therapeutic agencies; MIND - a mental health charity, local county counselling services, and large county primary and secondary
educational settings. In all areas, she offers an array of targeted compassionate therapeutic interventions, support for young people, adolescents and families, consultancy advice for staff as well as attending children centres providing parenting group work. Throughout this time, she has established a strong and ethical confidence within an ever-changing climate from her extensive experience and knowledge.
Tammy’s provisions stem from a multitude of theoretical modalities that can reach and support a host of areas including childhood development, attachment, behaviour, trauma, developmental trauma, intrapersonal and interpersonal trauma, dissociation, abuse, domestic violence, inner child work, stress, depression, identity, anxiety, self-harm, self-esteem, confidence building and raising aspirations for young people, adolescents and adults on a one
to one basis, group basis, within a family and within a setting.
Through the two decades, Tammy has worked broadly within educational settings offering trauma informed individual therapy for both students and staff, targeted group work focusing on mental health and wellbeing, teaching year groups to enhance their emotional management and build resilience, psycho-educational and mental health support, parent workshops, supervision and training for staff. Tammy also worked for five years in a Designated Special Provision Unit offering therapeutic support for children with social, emotional and mental health needs.
Tammy has volunteered for a variety of settings including charitable counselling services and specialist psychological well being and crisis intervention programmes for NHS staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
● Compassion Focused Interventions/ Therapy
● Mindfulness Based Therapeutic Interventions.
● Somatic Experiencing and Investigation
● Targeted Wellbeing and Crisis Support
● Stabilisation and Emotional Regulation
● Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Relationships
● Inner Child Work
● Trauma and Shame
● Domestic Violence
● Depression, Anxiety, Anger
● Addiction and OCD
Certificates and Qualifications
● Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
● L5 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
● MSc Mindfulness and Compassion - Meditation Teacher/ Facilitator,
● Fusion Registered Therapeutic Coach (FRTC)
● Dot b. Mindfulness Teacher - Mindfulness in Schools Programme (MISP)
● Solution Focused Approach (Examine, Repair & Move On)
● Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
● Certificate in Dissociation
● Certificate in Utilising the Power of the Inner Child
● Certificate in Understanding and Working with Sexual Abuse
● Certificate in Attachment Theory and Attachments Narratives Within Families
● Certificate in Understanding Disordered Eating and Addictive and Compulsive
Behaviour from an Attachment Perspective
● Solihull Approach - NHS Solihull Care Trust
● Childcare - City and Guilds
● Protective Behaviours - NCC
● Certificate in Safeguarding - Department for Education (DfE)
● Inclusion and Pupil Support - Positive Behaviour Management
● Online and Telephone Counselling - Counselling Tutor
● Advance Certification - Draw and Talk Therapy for Young People
● Counselling MindEd - Children and Young People
● Learning Mentor