Introduction to DARTS - 1 hour training
(Dissociation - Attachment - Resilience - Trauma - Shame.)
This is Broad Horizons' own working model and we are very pleased that we are able to offer the opportunity to share this with you.
Read below for more information.
What is this training about?
This training focusses on the 5 pillars of Broad Horizons’ DARTS© model which considers:
This whole course has been designed to enhance your understanding of why children and young people that have been traumatised, behave the way that they do.
You will be given insight into strategies, methods and practical skills to use with children and young people, alongside theories and knowledge to enable you to understand how to meet the emotional and behavioural needs of the child. We can offer practical strategies for supporting families of traumatised children. This course will also help child focused organisations to create a DARTS© informed environment.
Introduction to DARTS: 1 hour.
An introductory video with narration and video from our experienced therapists. There are sections which will help you to consider how aware you are of trauma and gauge your experience and knowledge before considering purchasing our main course, delving in to each module on a deeper level.
Benefits that this level of course will offer:
• Raise a foundation level of awareness and knowledge of Dissociation, Attachment, Resilience, Trauma & Shame.
• Open thought processes to pave way for clear understanding of the current theories and research relating to understanding behaviour.
• Introduce you to some of the latest research into trauma and how it shapes the brain.
• Develop beginner's insight into the impact that trauma and abuse can have on influencing children and young people’s behaviour.
• Introduce some tools and strategies to enable you to manage children and young people’s trauma related behaviour.
• Understand what emotional support children and young people need to manage behaviour effectively in a range of settings.
• Learning in a down to earth and practical style ensuring that you have an enjoyable and informative learning experience.
What does the training include?
A introductory narrated video in order to touch on all aspects of our DARTS training package.
Examples of tools for everyday use and practise
A sample Broad Horizons resources and worksheets for your own use
Who is this training aimed at?
This training is for professionals, such as therapists, social workers, school staff and occupational therapists.
This module is an introduction only, if you are unsure which of our trainings are right for you, this course is a good start to help you discover which aspects you would like to investigate in more detail.
If you are a parent/carer, please see our main training page for other trainings which may be useful for you as this course will be structured for the perspective of a professional.
How do I access the training?
By following the booking button at the bottom of this page, you can make payment for the course and will be emailed a password and details for logging in to our training portal.
How long can I access the training for?
This course is accessible online for up to 12 months. If you require longer to attend the course, contact us at email@example.com to purchase an extension.
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes you will receive a Broad Horizons - CPD Accredited certificate, upon completion of a course feedback form.
Copyright: Broad Horizons Psychotherapeutic Services Ltd 2022. The contents of this training were compiled and hosted by Broad Horizons. This training course must not be shared with other parties who have not purchased this course unless stated by Broad Horizons.